Our Historical Location
We are located in the historic Bona Allen building in downtown Buford, Georgia.
The Bona Allen Company was a tannery that opened in 1873 in Buford, Georgia. As the nation's largest tannery, the company made horse collars and saddles, postal bags, cowboy boots, shoes and more. It also had a contract to supply the sporting equipment giant, Spalding, with raw material for the manufacture of baseballs and baseball mitts. The Bona Allen Company was owned by Bonaparte Allen.
Also known as the Bona Allen Shoe and Horse Collar Factory, the factory closed in 1981 after a fire, and the main tannery building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 3, 2005.